[cups.general] Dymo LabelWriter 400

Helge Blischke h.blischke at acm.org
Thu Oct 1 03:47:18 PDT 2009

Jeffrey Barish wrote:

>> Since upgrading to Kubuntu 9.04, printing on my LabelWriter does not work
>> correctly.  Something prints, but the last 2 letters of the longest line
>> always appear in the wrong place: The penultimate letter appears at the
>> right margin after a space and the last letter appears on the next label.
>> After that one, I get one blank label.
>>
>> The test page prints correctly on one label.
>
> The problem, I just realized, is that CUPS is formatting the text to be
> 1.125" wide (and 3.5" high) instead of 3.5" wide (and 1.125" high).  How
> do I fix this?

Try to print your labels with the option "-o landscape" or edit the PPD
and introduce an additional page size:
whereever yyou find "w81h252", duplicate this line and exchange the
81 and 252 throughout the duplicated line. Then change the
*DefaultPageSzie: w81h252
*DefaultPageSize: w252h81
After restarting CUPS, your labels should print correct.
I'd urther suggest to file STR on this issue.

Helge