Fax and Faxing in Apple Mac 10.6 Server,need help sharing fax.

Erich Wetzel mail at wetzelandson.com
Wed Oct 7 13:56:17 PDT 2009

Michael,
Thanks for the information here.  I have been able to share the queue via the cups web interface now that I know where the PPD is.  I just modified the queue and it seems to have held up through a restart.  I have further tested to see if it will hold up after the service is restarted by Server Admin.  The sharing of the fax is disabled when the print service is restarted by Server Admin.  The printers remain shared as expected.  There must be a bug in there somewhere.

My plan is to do exactly what you suggest now that I know what you guys would expect from the system.  I needed feedback from someone who actually knows how everything is expected to work.  I had actually submitted a bug report early in 10.5 but it was never picked up.  I assumed that I was missing something at that point.

If you get a chance to try out Server Admin in 10.6 please let me know if you can get it to show how it is sharing the fax queue or where the user can set it to share the queue like the printers or if you can get the manual change to survive a restart via Server Admin.

Thanks - Erich