Open url in browser on print send

Lachlan Macwhirter lachlan at ci.com.au
Thu Oct 15 19:57:15 PDT 2009

Hi, apologies if this should be in a different forum. I have a printer set up in cups that I can send too via ipp. Would it be possible to have jobs sent to this printer return a url to the sender and have the sender open that url in a browser?

Basically want to print the job, have the printer render the job as an image and return a url to the sender pointing at that image.

Looking at the IPP / http APIs available in cups I believe you could do something with the httpWrite2 and ippWrite functions, but I'm not a programmer and was hoping someone with a better understanding of cups and ipp could shed some light.

Thanks,
Lachlan