Make Cups Default ErrorPolicy Permanent

Adelino Couto adelino.couto at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 03:21:39 PDT 2009

I everybody, i have several servers with Redhat Enterprise AS 4.7, and i need to make de default ErrorPolicy of CUPS to "retry-current-job". I have made that by adding the line "ErrorPolicy retry-current-job" to "/etc/cups/printers.conf". But when i go to the tool of printers configuration "printtool" and for an example i add a new printer, the line "ErrorPolicy retry-current-job" is deleted. What it seems to happen is that "printool" makes a reset on the manual definitions that a user makes.
The GUI of printtool on Redhat does not have that option, like Fedora. Does anyone can help me on this?
Thank you.
Adelino Couto.