Setting IPP printer with CUPS on RHES 4.0

Anton Preheim xmdms at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 28 17:36:03 PDT 2009

Hi Denny,

Thanks for your response.  You're correct.  I used the printer GUI interface to setup IP's printer with RAW print queue and we're using without much effort.  I have been asked to setup an IPP printer so that the users can print directly from Oracle.

So, what I am gathering here that I will have to setup the printer in the /etc/hosts file with the IP address and that's it??  I don't understand about the url printer1.domain.com statement at all.  So, how many different area do I need to touch to successfully setup up IPP printer??  Do you have examples or step by step procedure??  By the way, I am new to Linux environment.

Help (-:

Thanks,

AP