Physical destination from class print job

will nowak wan at ccs.neu.edu
Wed Oct 28 19:44:15 PDT 2009

Hi,

In a lab environment we have two printers (printera and printerb) in a print class "lab". We would like to have a heads-up display by the printers showing where a user could expect their job to come out, but there does not seem to be a way in the CUPS API to query for that information. Jobs entered into the "lab" queue never gain any tagging based on their physical destination, with the exception of the CUPS RSS feed. After a job has been completed, the RSS feed will get a message indicating that job name foo was completed on printera, but printera never gets job foo in its completed print queue.

Is there a way to get this kind of information from the server, or is it a pending feature request?

Thank You in Advance,
-Will