[cups.general] When should a network backend retry?

Michael R Sweet msweet at apple.com
Thu Oct 29 14:10:07 PDT 2009

Ok, so the general rule is that a backend should retry all non-fatal
errors. In the case of the standard CUPS network backends, we don't
retry failed lookups or routing errors, but we *do* retry connection
failures and other "busy" indicators. Thus, the error policy
determines what happens for uncommon/unexpected problems that may
require admin attention.