Is it possible to get the CUPS printer/queue name in to the job stream?

Fred Heeks fred.heeks at hp.com
Fri Oct 2 02:44:07 PDT 2009

I've done some CUPS development around parsing of print jobs which so far works fine. I'm only using RAW print jobs.

I now need to be able to determine which CUPS printer printed a print job. This information needs to be within the job stream itself, in the same way as the other PCL and PostScript information; such as JOBNAME, USERNAME and JOBATTR.

Is there any way to get this information in to the job stream?

Fred Heeks