[cups.bugs] [LOW] STR #3378: Raw Print Queue - Prints Garbage

Matthew pyther24 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 16:40:31 PDT 2009

[STR Closed w/o Resolution]

I am not sure what Samsung can do for me.

I did some further testing today in which I plugged the printer directly
into my machine and used various ppd files.

Cups 1.3.11
-pxlmono
-gutenprint
-splix
-Official Samsung Linux Driver

Each off these ppd files worked fine and I could print 5+ pages without my
printer, printing junk.

Cups 1.4.1
-pxlmono
-gutenprint
-splix
-Official Samsung Linux Driver

Each would print one or two successful prints, then I would just get junk.

In addition using the raw ppd for cups, to allow my window machines to
print, to the printer, 1.3.11 worked flawlessly, whereas 1.4.1 would print
a few good pages and then print junk.

>From my understanding the raw queue pretty much passes whatever it gets
straight from the printer. Thus, it seems as if this data is somehow
getting modified with cups 1.4.1.

I would like to get this issue resolved. Yeah I could use cups 1.3.11, but
there will be a time in point where this solution will no longer work.

I should add I've had this printer for at least 3 years, using cups with
it, without a single problem.

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L3378
Version: 1.4.1
Fix Version: Third-party