Disabling all security settings?

Dietmar Hummel dietmar.hummel at gmx.ch
Wed Sep 2 04:36:34 PDT 2009

Hi list!

Even if im using cups for a long time, this is my first question in this list..

I am now using cups in a home environment and in a small company i am working for. On both places cups is completely inside a private subnet and in both envirnonments everybody ist trustworthy. So what i am looking for is an easy way to disable all security features in cups (mainly in the web administration component). I would like to have access from every pc and i would want every user to be able to do whatever she wants to change in cups (adding, configuring printers, starting and stopping printers, deleting jobs and so on...
Is there an easy way to do this, or do i have to fill up the complete configuration file with allow statements?

Regards
Dietmar