Create_Printer_Subscription: Forbidden

John A. Murdie john at cs.york.ac.uk
Tue Sep 8 05:07:30 PDT 2009

> Where are the requests coming from?
>
> On Sep 7, 2009, at 8:24 AM, John A. Murdie wrote:
>
> > We've just had an incident with our CUPS 1.3.11server. The error_log
> > and error_log.O are full of:
> >
> > Create-Printer-Subscription: Forbidden
> >
> > messages (and the previously-reported:
> >
> > Bad request line "^W^C^A" from P.Q.R.S

Alas, I don't know what provoked the 'Create-Printer-Subscription: Forbidden' message - perhaps if I'd had LogLevel set higher than 'info', I might do. The previously-reported (STR #3288) bad request lines are marked with the IP addresses of our various Linux clients.

I'll just have to bit the bullet and try to develop enough understanding to track these things down. I wonder whether the 'Create-Printer-Subscription: Forbidden' is just a symptom of the scheduler memory leak we see.

John A. Murdie