User Unable to Print

Ken martig at zgi.com
Wed Sep 9 08:12:12 PDT 2009

I have a cups server configured on a SUSE Linux machine successfully serving several SUSE and Redhat clients.  One user on a SUSE client cannot print.  If I try to run "lpstat -a" as that user I get the message "lpstat: Unable to connect to server".  Other standard users on the system have no problem and root can list all of the printers as well.  I have checked his PATH and other environmental variables to ensure he is using the same binaries everyone else is and it all looks good.  I have turned on debug logging and there are no clues to be found in the logs.  Any troubleshooting suggestions?

Thanks,
Ken