Custom page size problem -> always printing to A4

Dominic Hanlan dominic at hanlan.org.uk
Thu Sep 10 14:40:59 PDT 2009

Hi,

Thanks for the fast response!

I have tried the same experiment at home on an identical setup, just the printer is different. Its an HP 2300DN. It gives the same results, i.e. from CUPS it prints directly to A4. I have looked in the cups servers /etc/cups/ppd directory
and its empty!!. Not being a CUPS expert I have no idea if this is correct or not???

I have a second office installation, again which does just the same thing. This is talking to an HP 1320, the /etc/cups/ppd directory contains a file hp_LaserJet_1320.ppd.

The CUPS installation on all three systems was a standard Ubuntu server 9.10 install, I used the web interface to add the printers, which it did with no problems.

How do I find out how the back end is configured?? and what does this tell me??\

Regards