How to create PS-to-file queue in CUPS 1.4,OS X 10.6

Ben BW benbwster at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 02:54:37 PDT 2009

> Michael Sweet wrote:
>
> You'll probably see some sandboxd errors in the console log.

Yes, I'm getting:

bash(295) deny file-write* /Users/Shared/postscript/In/filename.ps

Any way around this?

> but otherwise it should work as long as you write
> to either a world-writable (temp) directory or use mode 500 or
> 700 permissions to get your backend to run as root.

Sorry if I'm being dense: what should I give 700 permissions to?
The backend itself? It's already 755 and owner is root, group is wheel.

Or should I change the user to root in cups.config? That sounds a little overkill to get a process to write to a world-readable directory!