EPS files not printing

Sean Crosby richardnixonshead at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 19:18:54 PDT 2009

I have a standard install of CUPS on Debian Lenny (1.3.8).

All files that I have tried to print have worked, except EPS files. These files are generated by scientific software packages (and a variety of them as well). The EPS files are fine - they can be imported perfectly into a Latex document, and can be viewed by gv etc.

I have tracked the problem down to the EPS files not having a %%Page: comment in the file. If I manually edit the EPS file, and add "%%Page: 1" the file prints correctly.

Is there an option in cups that I can select that will add this line automatically to the file, or construct a filter that will?