[cups.general] MacOS cups 1.4.1 client keep trying to access server configuration

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Wed Sep 16 08:35:35 PDT 2009

This is not new behavior - the same code (modulo some performance
improvements) was used in Leopard as well.

The Print & Fax and Sharing system preferences panes need to access
the cupsd.conf file to know whether printer sharing is enabled. The
panes are normally locked for non-admin users, but they should also
not lock up if you use the client.conf file.  Please file a bug
through Apple (bugreport.apple.com) to get this looked at...