Print Jobs cancelled automatically on Dell 3010cn printer

danesh d.qureshi at mdx.ac.uk
Fri Sep 18 06:46:50 PDT 2009

Hello,

I have a server running RedHat Linux Enterprise AS 4 update 3 on which I have created many print queues using RedHat usual command "system-config-printer". I am using CUPS, configuring it for lpd printing and sending any file as a raw file to the Windows printer server.

The majority of the printers are HP printers and a few are Dell printer connected to the Windows print server.

I have had no print problems with HP printers and able to send a print file from Linux to the Windows print server successfully.

I have also created a print queue for a Dell printer (DP5110cn) in a similar way to the HP printer and print jobs come through fine.

This is my problem.I have created a print queue to print to a Dell printer 3010cn but no print jobs are coming through.When I send a test file from the Linux server I can see the print job appear on the Windows print server for the Dell 3010cn printer but nothing prints out.

When I check the Dell printer 3010cn in a browser using its IP address and click on print jobs my print job is marked as "cancelled".

Can anyone shed some light what could be causing the simple text file to be cancelled on the Dell 3010cn printer and a way to fix the problem?

Dan