Print jobs cancelled automatically

danesh d.qureshi at mdx.ac.uk
Fri Sep 18 07:08:16 PDT 2009

Hello,

I have a server running RedHat Linux AS4 update 3.

I use the Linux command "system-config-printer" to create all my print queues on the Linux server. The majority of the printing is done on HP printers connected to Windows print server. I am using the CUPS service, LPD option and raw file settings to create each print queue.

I have also created a print queue on the Linux server to print to a Dell 5110cn printer and print jobs come through fine.

However, I am now having a problem printing a second Dell printer 3010cn which has been setup in the same way as all the other printers. When I submit a simple file from Linux server, I can see the print file appear on the Windows Server print queue for the Dell 3010cn printer but nothing comes out on the printer. The print file disappears from the queue but no job printed.

When I check the status of the Dell 3010cn print in a broswer using its IP address I can see my print has a "cancelled" under the print jobs heading.

Can anyone shed some light why the print file is being cancelled from the print queue and how I can fix this problem?

Dan