[cups.general] CUPS PPD file for Sharp MX-M350N?

Daniel Lenski dlenski at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 09:15:19 PDT 2009

Hi all,

My work just got a nice heavy-duty Sharp MX-M350N copier/printer/scanner
(http://www.sharpinbusiness.co.uk/specifications.asp?
product_id=945&category_id=16).  After some trial-and-error, I figured out
that this particular model does *not* have the PostScript option
installed, but understands PCL6.

Now I have it working great over the network using the Gutenprint PCL6
driver with CUPS.  Duplex works, text, images, etc.  The only thing that
*doesn't* work with the generic driver is stapling...

I found some custom PPD files for this and similar printers at
OpenPrinting (http://www.openprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=Sharp-
MX-M350U), but they are only for PostScript mode, unfortunately.  Does
anyone know if or where I can find PPD files for this printer/copier in
PCL6 mode, that would allow me to use the stapling feature?

Thanks!

Dan