Cups performance with 1200 queues

Jeff Borders jeff at jeffborders.com
Wed Sep 23 13:48:18 PDT 2009

Thanks so much for your responses.  I will use the estimator and also look into changing from lpd.  I have to be careful with generating postscript because ghostscript seems to create giant files that will cause us problems with remote printing over DSL.  Ideally, we'd like to send PDF files directly to the printer, but we experienced problems with our PDF creation using itext.  Until I can figure out how to rewrite them correctly in cups and wrap them with appropriate jcl to force scaling and centering, I'm stuck printing pcl and some postscript.  I'm trying to get acroread to do the pdf to ps conversion.  My finding are such:

example:
pdf