CUPS client printjob authentication prompt

Miquel Quiles miquel.quiles at uib.es
Fri Sep 25 03:48:51 PDT 2009

I've done some more tests. I've tried Ubuntu 9.04 Desktop with GNOME and it works ok. When I send a printjob a auth-window pop-up. And also, if you right-click over a printjob in "held for authentication" status, there is a "Authenticate" option. This doesn't appear on KDE.

It seems to be a BUG (or not implementation) on the KDE Printer Applet. Does anyone know something about this?

I'm using KDE 4.2.2 and Printer Applet 1.3.