How to install CUPS 1.4.1?

Dimitri condorman at netcourrier.com
Sat Sep 26 10:35:58 PDT 2009

> On Sunday 20 September 2009, Dimitri wrote:
> >> CUPS 1.4.1 won't help here.  The issue is that the Brother printer
> >> driver expects bidirectional communications with the printer, but that
> >> is not possible when printing through a Windows box.
> >
> >Thank you for your message.
> >Actually, what you try to explain is I can't print from my Mac with a
> > Brother HL-2030 connected on PC Windows XP? It could be Mac OS X 10.4 or
> > Mac OS X 10.5, in these two cases I couldn't print? I should better change
> > the printer?
> >
> >Do you think I could print with an Epson Stylus Color 600?
> >
> Either of those should work, the Brother with Brothers own driver, and the
> epson with the install cd's driver.  Both are getting a bit long in the tooth
> though.
>
> --
> Cheers, Gene

Actually, when I try to print from a Mac with a Windows printer (a Brother HL-2030), I have this message :
 "Connection failed with error. NET_STATUS_ACCES_DENIED" followed with "Enable to connect to Samba host...ERROR".

Printer drivers are installed on the Mac, printer sharing and Samba protocol are activated, the PC and the printer are switched on. I have no idea why I can't print from my Mac.

I can print from PCs, not from a Mac.