[cups.development] cups-polld issue and cupsd segfaulting

Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski blizinski at google.com
Mon Sep 7 05:35:12 PDT 2009

On Fri, Sep 4, 2009 at 6:04 PM, Tim Waugh<twaugh at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-09-04 at 16:41 +0100, Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski wrote:
>> 3. There one more call to to cupsAddPrinter(), with the same printer
>> name.
>
> This shouldn't happen I think.  When browsed queues from other print
> servers have the same name as an existing local queue, either an
> implicit class is created or else the queues end up with "@host"
> suffices to indicate which is which.

>From what I saw in the debugger, the cupsAddPrinter() function is
being called twice and there are two separate instances of the
cups_printer_s struct. I double-checked it, see this dbx session:

(dbx) stop in cupsdAddPrinter -if strcmp(name, "hpduke") == 0
(dbx) run
Running: cupsd -f -c /tmp/cups/cupsd.conf
(process id 26647)
Reading en_US.UTF-8.so.3
Reading methods_unicode.so.3
(dbx) print name
name = 0x8046755 "hpduke"
(dbx) next
(dbx) next
(dbx) print p
p = 0x812e368
(dbx) cont
(dbx) print name
name = 0x8046755 "hpduke"
(dbx) next
(dbx) next
(dbx) print p
p = 0x81ae020

There are two distinct addresses: 0x812e368 and 0x81ae020.

Maciej