[cups.development] cups-polld issue and cupsd segfaulting

Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski blizinski at google.com
Wed Sep 9 11:35:18 PDT 2009

On Mon, Sep 7, 2009 at 1:34 PM, Maciej (Matchek)
Blizinski<blizinski at google.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 4, 2009 at 6:04 PM, Tim Waugh<twaugh at redhat.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, 2009-09-04 at 16:41 +0100, Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski wrote:
>>> 3. There one more call to to cupsAddPrinter(), with the same printer
>>> name.
>>
>> This shouldn't happen I think.  When browsed queues from other print
>> servers have the same name as an existing local queue, either an
>> implicit class is created or else the queues end up with "@host"
>> suffices to indicate which is which.
>
> From what I saw in the debugger, the cupsAddPrinter() function is
> being called twice and there are two separate instances of the
> cups_printer_s struct.

I've just checked that this issue is also present in cups-1.4.0 as
well, not only cups-1.3.11. I haven't checked 1.5 yet.

I'm looking into implementing reference count, but it seems like there
are lots of places when mimeType() is being called, and it's sometimes
hard to figure out what exactly is happening with the pointer -- is it
stored in another struct or not, and when is the right time to free
it. Do you have any advice on this?

Maciej