[cups.bugs] [MOD] STR #3340: If replacing the PPD file with "lpadmin -p ... -m ..." not all default settings are conserved

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 07:11:47 PDT 2009

[STR New]

If I replace the PPD file of a print queue using the "-m" option of
lpadmin, I expect that all option default settings are conserved as long
as the new PPD file has appropriately named options and choices.

For most options this works, but for options whose names contain
non-alphanumeric characters, like "HPOption_Duplexer" in the PostScript
PPD of the HP LaserJet 4100, the conservation does not work.

After some investigation I have found out that the parse_ppd_line function
in scheduler/ipp.c considers the end of the option name to be at the first
non-alphanumeric character, but the Adobe specs tell in section 3.3
("Option Keywords") on page 17 that all printable characters except space,
":" and "/" are allowed. The attached patch stops the parsing of the name
only if a character appears which is really not allowed and with this all
option defaults are conserved.

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L3340
Version: 1.4-current