CUPS to debit user account for printing charges - re.

Allen Thomas altom2009 at live.com
Sun Sep 27 21:54:44 PDT 2009

This is a school. Students print assignments, term papers. They are mnaually charged Rs. 2/- per printout. We wish to create (thru CUPS) a small database where we will store name of sudent, registration number, class and amount paid.

As and whe they print through their respective account we want this amounto be debited. If the account has zero balance then CUPS should automatically put te job on hold to be later released automatically on sensing balance.

We are using Fedora on a Linux Red-Hat platform and the current version of our CUPS is 1.10.

I need some help to get the necessary code.

thanks
allen