[cups.bugs] [LOW] STR #3348: cups unable to work with my usb printer

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Wed Sep 30 08:28:44 PDT 2009

On Sep 30, 2009, at 12:37 AM, Stanislav Ievlev wrote:
> Hello, Mike!
>
> I can't understand how to add the comment on site, therefore, I'm
> sending this message.

Currently the bug page does not allow comments to be posted to closed
bugs.

> 1. If you *do* URI-encode, why I *see* 'dot' in output of usb
> backend then?

Because "." is a legal URI character.

> And where is an encoding of serial number? In my case you are simply
> "sprintf"
> the result of usb_get_string_simple without any encoding.

The final device URI is assembled using httpAssembleURIf, which does
the necessary encoding.

> 2. I *see* printer in output of backend, but I *don't see* this
> printer in web-interface. How to debug it?

Run "lpinfo -v".  If you see it there, then the bug is in the web
interface.  If not, the bug is in cups-deviced.