HP LaserJet 4000 under Solaris - swallows plain text files.

Robert Washburne rcw15 at turing.hbg.psu.edu
Fri Apr 9 10:16:46 PDT 2010

I have built and installed cups on a Solaris 10 i386 system.

I have downloaded and installed the HP LaserJet 4000 Series driver from the cups web site.

I added my first network printer using the web interface. It prints Postscript files with no problem, but plain text files vanish without a trace.  The Printer Status page shows the job processing and then completing.  There are no messages in /var/log/error_log.  But nothing come to or out the printer.

Help?

Thanks!