[cups.general] Print jobs scheduling

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Mon Apr 19 08:25:23 PDT 2010

On Apr 19, 2010, at 7:07 AM, Maysara A. Abdulhaq wrote:
> Hello,
>
> My print server ( CUPS 1.3.8 on Debian) takes a long time to process certain jobs, mostly PDF files (im using windows-cups postscript driver on windows clients), this causes some consequent jobs to be delayed for minutes, since this is a busy printing site, i wonder if there is a way to allow consequent faster print jobs to be printed during the processing of the "slow jobs" this will allow higher throughput, but the same total printing time.

Not at present.

Given that many printer drivers communicate with the printer while printing, we probably won't be able to support this in the general case. Doing some amount of pre-processing, however, is probably doable - please file a feature request so we can track it:

    http://www.cups.org/str.php

Thanks!