[cups.general] PageRegion not set (PPD from Xerox)

Helge Blischke h.blischke at acm.org
Thu Apr 22 04:00:38 PDT 2010

Martin Schuster (IFKL IT OS DSM CD) wrote:

> On 04/21/10 21:48, Helge Blischke wrote:
>> [...]
>> I've found what goes wrong with this PPD and CUPS. To work around this
>> issue,
>> insert into your PPD just after the line reading
>> *PSVersion: "(3011.106) 2300"
>> the following line:
>>
>> *cupsFilter: "application/vnd.cups-postscript   0 -"
>>
>> This forces CUPS to treat the PPD as a "cups based driver" and thus to
>> emit the *PageRegion code.
>>
> Gave it a try with r9114. It now emits the *PageSize code, for _A4_
> instead of A3 :( -- see attachment
>
>> [...]
>
> Thanks Helge,
Strange ...
try to test it with the cupsfilter command:

cupsfilter -m application/vnd.cups-postscript -p /tmp/printer.ppd -o
media=A3 hello.ps > out.ps

It seems that the pstops filter frm r9114 overwrites the requested media
size with the PPD default,
at least if the filter is run as a stand alone program.

Helge