Secure printing

Joaquim Duran jduranc at eservicios.indra.es
Fri Apr 23 00:50:53 PDT 2010

> On Apr 22, 2010, at 2:13 AM, Joaquim Duran wrote:
> > Dear all,
> >=20
> > I'm using a zebra rw220 printer with Cups. I'm interested in being =
> sure that all jobs has been printed, and no person has stopped and =
> started the printer while printing.
> >=20
> > Currently, If I send several jobs to CUPS while the printer is not =
> ready the jobs are queued, but when I set the printer as ready, then all =
> jobs are send to the printer and cups sets all jobs as finished but the =
> printer has not still printed them. I would to set CUPS to send the jobs =
> to the printer 1 by 1 and being sure that no error has been detected =
> while printing.
> >=20
> > Any suggestions?
>
> There isn't much you can do for the Zebra printers; I *think* some can =
> return status information in the back-channel, but the current driver =
> does not support that functionality...

Michael,

Can we select a police like the described one in the back-channel? Back channel should receive the status error but it should not send the next job till the previous one has been completed and the printer is doing nothing.

Did you know drivers of other thermal printer that is notifying status information to back-channel?

Joaquim Duran