[cups.general] PageRegion not set (PPD from Xerox)

Martin Schuster (IFKL IT OS DSM CD) Martin.Schuster1 at infineon.com
Fri Apr 23 05:47:52 PDT 2010

On 04/22/10 13:00, Helge Blischke wrote:
> Martin Schuster (IFKL IT OS DSM CD) wrote:
>> [...]
>> Gave it a try with r9114. It now emits the *PageSize code, for _A4_
>> instead of A3 :( -- see attachment
>
> Strange ...
> try to test it with the cupsfilter command:
>
> cupsfilter -m application/vnd.cups-postscript -p /tmp/printer.ppd -o
> media=A3 hello.ps > out.ps
>
> It seems that the pstops filter frm r9114 overwrites the requested media
> size with the PPD default,
> at least if the filter is run as a stand alone program.

Did not help, still A4 *scratches head*

But it doesn't really matter for now, I'll just stick with 1.4.3
(r9060 iirc), works fine for me, both with the fix you suggested,
as well with the fix that Michael suggested. (I guess his is the
cleaner one?)

Thanks Helge, thanks Michael!

Infineon Technologies IT-Services GmbH   Martin.Schuster1 at infineon.com
Lakeside B05, 9020 Klagenfurt, Austria   Martin Schuster
         FB: LG Klagenfurt, FN 246787y   +43 5 1777 3517