[cups.general] customize testpage

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Mon Apr 26 08:54:04 PDT 2010

On Apr 26, 2010, at 1:18 AM, David wrote:
> Hi,
>
> on our cups installation we have two general "classes" of printer drivers:
>
> normal laser printers and text-based label priners (driver Generic/Text)
>
> I would like to have two different testpages, the normal testpage for the standard laser printers and a fully customized testpage for my labelprinters.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas how to do that?

Prior to CUPS 1.4, there wasn't a whole lot you could do.

For CUPS 1.4 and later the test page is a special "banner" (application/vnd.cups-banner) file, so you can provide your own banner filter for the print queue to implement special handling, both for banner/cover pages and test pages.

    http://www.cups.org/documentation.php/doc-1.4/spec-banner.html