Migrating/adding old control files (cXXXXX) to a CUPS server

jacques du toit jboydutoit at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 10:18:10 PDT 2010

Hi,

I'm wish to learn how to add old control files to a current CUPS server. Simply dumping them in /var/spool/cups/ has proven ineffective as the CUPS system remembers the current job ID as well as the 'starting job ID' from which to consider what jobs have been completed.

My server was set up so as to keep only 500 control files. Having realised this and having then changed it to MaxJobs=0, I wish to reintroduce the older control files (I made backups) to the server. Unfortunately, the server does not look further back into the past than a particular job number (the one that was 500-th from the 'current' one when I changed to MaxJobs=0).

How can I get the CUPS server to consider the files in /var/spool/cups and use them to determine how many jobs have been completed. As per the web interface under completed jobs, "Showing Y of X completed jobs", I wish to change X.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated. I've been hunting for information but have come up empty handed (I apologise in advance if it is my lack of decent search terms that led to this result).

Sincerely
jacques du toit