[cups.bugs] [LOW] STR #3545: CUPS doesn't print text files with ESC/P codes after upgrade from 1.3.x to 1.4.x

Helge Blischke h.blischke at acm.org
Wed Apr 7 07:51:32 PDT 2010

Maxwell Draven wrote:

> DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE.  INSTEAD, POST ANY RESPONSES TO THE LINK
> BELOW.
>
> [STR Closed w/o Resolution]
>
> Don't you read ? Maybe this printer is not supported, but it works with
> the previous version of CUPS, and now it isn't works with the new version
> (In both versions, I'm using the same filter and the same configuration).
> Why do you close the bug report without fix the problem, when the evidence
> shows that CUPS (version 1.4.x) is the main problem here ?
>
> Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L3545
> Version: 1.4-current
> Fix Version: None

Please post the following files (you may e-mail them to me directly to
h dot blischke at acm dot org)
- the cxxxxx and dxxxxx-001 files from an aborted job (from the
/var/spool/cups directory)
- the *.types and *.convs files from your /etc/cups directory

Without looking into these files it will be nearly hopeless to settle your
issue.

Helge