[cups.bugs] [LOW] STR #3549: Broadcasted printer URLs contain symbolic hostname despite HostNameLookups off

Edgar Fuß ef at math.uni-bonn.de
Fri Apr 9 09:15:15 PDT 2010

[STR New]

Revision 8284 changes line 157 of scheduler/network.c as follows:
-    if (HostNameLookups)
+    if (HostNameLookups || RemoteAccessEnabled)
(later RemoteAccessEnabled was changed to RemotePort, even later, the
change was un-#ifdef'ed __APPLE__)
while the commit log says:
Don't do hostname lookups for ServerName unless needed.

It appears to me that this change will cause iface->hostname to always
contain the symbolic name rather than the IP address.
Am I stupid or should that || be && instead?

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L3549
Version: 1.3.10