CUPS 1.4.3 && printing UTF-8 text

Helge Blischke h.blischke at acm.org
Fri Aug 6 02:27:24 PDT 2010

rebelde wrote:

> I have improved a bit the source UTF-8 text file and the charsets/utf-8
> file of CUPS; here you have the complete set:
>
> http://www.unixarea.de/utf-8                -- charsets/utf-8
> http://www.unixarea.de/CUPS-UTF8.pdf        -- produced by CUPS-PDF
> http://www.unixarea.de/CUPS-UTF8-Kwrite.pdf -- produced by KDE's Kwrite
> http://www.unixarea.de/CUPS-UTF8.txt        -- the file to print
> http://www.unixarea.de/CUPS-UTF8.ps         -- the output of texttops
>
> HIH
>
> Matthias

What strikes me after looking into your PS file is that the encoding vectors
for the two rigt to left scripts (hebrew and arabic) are completely set to
/.notdef, but looking into the sources of cups 1.4.4's texttops filter and
the associated psglyphs file this should not happen.
Could you post the psglyphs and texttps.c files from your source code tree
as well?
And, perhaps, could you run a test job with your cups set to log leve debug
and post the corresponding error_log file?

Helge