Two definitions for one printer

grant keiter grant at ajrs.com
Wed Aug 11 10:11:50 PDT 2010

I was wondering if it is possible to have two cups definitions for one printer.

I have savin CLP131DN printers and have them set to default black and white.  I leave the printer itself open to accept a color job. My problem is that most programs I find do not give you that option. Firefox is about the only one I know of.  OpenOffice, opera etc do not.

I would like to know if it would cause any problems if I were to have one printer named invoicing, and one named color_invoicing?

I tried something similar but was always getting printer unavailable on the color_invoicing printer, but was not sure if that was the problem.

Thank you.

Grant