CUPS printing to IPP w/ SSL on port 443 to aWindows 2008 Server

Chris Poupart chris.poupart at mcgill.ca
Thu Aug 26 05:23:04 PDT 2010

> There were some SSL fixes in 1.4.4 that you might need for things to =
> work...

I have since done some testing with Ubuntu Mavrik which is running 1.4.4, and it is the exact same problem.

As well, printing from a CUPS client to a CUPS server over IPP with tls encryption works flawlessly.

I agree that the problem may lie with the encryption protocol (though, I have tried both SSL and TLS), as all of the Linux distros that I have tried this on (Ubuntu, Debian, Fedora, all with the same problem) have all been compiled linked to gnutls (though, I am able to make a successful connection with gnutls-cli on the command line).

Does anyone know off hand what SSL/TLS libraries that the Apple packages for OS X are compiled against?