Access policy problems

Stefan Malte Schumacher s.schumacher at netcologne.de
Tue Aug 31 09:29:47 PDT 2010

Hello

I recently migrated from openSuse 11 to 11.3 and am - possibly as a consequence of the change from Cups 1.3 to 1.4 - encountering problems while printing over the network. Below follows a listing of my cupsd.conf. I can access the webinterface, print from the server, but can't print from any of the clients via network. The error_log shows only contains entries like the following:

E [31/Aug/2010:03:08:19 +0200] Missing printer-uri, job-uri, or ppd-name attribute!
E [31/Aug/2010:03:08:19 +0200] Returning IPP client-error-bad-request for windows-ext (no URI) from 192.168.99.11
E [31/Aug/2010:03:08:23 +0200] Returning IPP client-error-not-authorized for Print-Job (http://192.168.99.10:631/printers/Kyocera_FS-1030D) from 192.168.99.11

192.168.99.11 is a Windows 7 client, eth0 in cupsd.conf is the interface with with the server is connected to the local network. I have also tried to add the username used by the windows client to the list of allowed users and told the client to authenticate itself, but the error message persists. How can I get this working again?

Bye
Stefan

LogLevel warn
SystemGroup sys root