[cups.development] [RFE] STR #3638: Stackable authentication support

Mark Dieterich mkd at cs.brown.edu
Wed Aug 11 13:23:31 PDT 2010

[STR New]

It would be great if cups could support stackable/multiple authentication
modes.  I'm in a situation where it would be helpful to enable kerberos
support, but fall back to Basic authentication if kerberos doesn't work.
I tried accomplishing this via Basic authentication using pam, but it
wouldn't accept the cached kerberos credentials and always prompted for a
password.

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L3638
Version:  -feature