[cups.bugs] [HIGH] STR #3637: cups dies when trying to process old job to an unreachable printer

Dave Madsen dcmdcm at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 20:21:24 PDT 2010

[STR New]

This bug was reported by Juergen Kosel against debian as bug 570638.
(http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=570638)

It also happens in Ubuntu 10.4 updated to latest (11 aug 10) patches.

Unfortunately, I'm admin for a server using about 20 printers, and CUPS
dying is happening regularly.

I haven't seen the bug posted in other places and I wanted to make sure
the it was seen directly by the project team.  (Hint! :-))

My debug log files look substantially as in the Debian report, so I
haven't attached them.  I can send them upon request.

Please delete this posting if inappropriate or you've already seen the
Debian bug report.

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L3637
Version: 1.4.3