[cups.bugs] [MOD] STR #3655: cupsd can terminate with a SIGSEGV when adding a printer

Joel Fredrikson joel at it.uu.se
Tue Aug 31 16:45:33 PDT 2010

[STR New]

If you have LogLevel=debug in cupsd.conf and add a printer in the
web-interface, cupsd will crash with a SIGSEGV on platforms where
vsnprintf() does not handle NULL pointers (like Solaris).

The problem is that cupsdEventName() in scheduler/subscriptions.c might
return NULL.

In my specific case cupsdEventName() is called with event =
CUPSD_EVENT_PRINTER_ADDED | CUPSD_EVENT_PRINTER_CONFIG = 0x90
when I add a printer.

My local fix has been to just print the numeric value of the events
instead of NULL for unknown values.

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L3655
Version: 1.4.4