cups-error-references

Simone 3nomis at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 04:34:38 PST 2010

hi,

 trying to debug a problem with my Canon LBP5100 that is not printing, I incresed the debug level to "debug" and started reading /var/cups/error.log but I really don't understand a lot of the terminology used by cups.

theese are some of the messages I would like to understand :

- cupsdAcceptClient: 12 from localhost (Domain)
- cupsdAuthorize: No authentication data provided
- cupsdMarkDirty(----J-)
- cupsdMarkDirty(-----S)
- cupsdSetBusyState: Dirty files
- [Job 9] Auto-typing file...
- [Job 9] Request file type is text/plain.

Is there an Error-reference-page that explains error/warning?

Thanks in advance,
 Simone

ps.
I'm using cups 1.4.3 under ubuntu 10.04 with RAW driver because I share my printer via samba.