Can not print image file using cups

amogh amogh.adkar at gmail.com
Fri Dec 3 06:11:02 PST 2010

Hi,
   I am using cups on a ARM device to print to a HP Deskjet 5568. I am able to print text file to network or usb printer, but I am unable to print image(png) file! I have tried converting png to ps and then print the file but it won't print image. Though it receives the command, it prints garbage characters. HP Deskjet 5568  product page shows the format should be PCL3 GUI, which seems to be compressed raster. In that case,  how do we convert png into a compressed raster image?
Thanks.