Invalid peer credentials for "root"

Tom Niemiec ps2maniak at gmail.com
Sat Dec 4 10:58:04 PST 2010

> On 12/04/2010 04:37 PM, Tom Niemiec wrote:
> > Hello,
> > My name's Tom Niemiec and I'm writing because of a problem, that I have with CUPS.
> >
> > I'm working on a project for my collage graduate work and I have to create a Print Server on a pc with Linux.
> >
> > I'm using SAMBA for my domain server, my shares and for printers sharing.
> > I successfully added a CUPS-PDF printer to the Print Server and also I successfully added the printer to two Windows XP PCs.
>
> You're telling us more about your Windows ("it's XP") than about your
> Linux, your Samba and your CUPS...
>
> So which is it in each case? Which version of Linux? Which version of
> Samba? Which version of CUPS? How is your Samba configured?
>
> > The problem is that I can't print on them while being logged as a normal domain user ( via Windows xp ).
> > To test if the printer works on Windows accounts I logged as root on the Windows machine and everything worked fine.
> > The file was printed, it was created in the output folder I set in cups-pdf.conf and a successful line was written in the page_log file.
> > Based on that the problem is not o the Windows side.
> >
> > When I tried to print something on the normal domain user account a line was created in the error_log:
> >
> > E [13/Nov/2010:22:47:34 +0100] Invalid peer credentials for "root" - got 1001, expected 0!
> >
> > Please I really need help with this. I'm working on my graduate work and this problem holds me back form  completing my work.
> > If there are any information you need or screen shots, configuration files, please feel free to ask.
> >
> > Also I talked to Dr. rer. nat. Volker Christian Behr who created cups-pdf to find out if the problem lies on the cups-pdf side.
> > After a few emails He gave me a hint
> > "... to disable user-based access control for
> > CUPS (since I never tried to do that nor am I using any Windows I cannot give you any hints on that) "
> >
> > Maybe someone knows how to do this or has an other solution, please help :)

Well yes, that's why I asked if tehre are any more information you need ^^
I'm using:
- LINUX Debian 2.6.26
- SAMBA 3.2.5
- CUPS 1.3.8

OK and now the SAMBA configuration:
# Samba config file created using SWAT
# from UNKNOWN ()
# Date: 2010/11/19 13:16:23

[global]
	workgroup = MYPROJEKT
	server string = SERVERDRUKU
	interfaces = 192.168.0.106, 192.168.1.1, 127.0.0.1
	bind interfaces only = Yes
	map to guest = Bad User
	log level = 2
	log file = /var/log/samba/log.%I
	max log size = 50
	time server = Yes
	add user script = /usr/sbin/useradd -d /dev/null -g machines -c 'Konto Maszyny %I' -s /bin/false -M %u
	add machine script = /usr/sbin/useradd -d /dev/null -g machines -c 'Konto Maszyny %I' -s /bin/false %u
	logon script = logon.bat
	logon path =
	logon home =
	domain logons = Yes
	os level = 200
	preferred master = Yes
	domain master = Yes
	wins support = Yes
	ldap ssl = no
	hosts allow = 192.168.0., 192.168.1.
	nt acl support = No
	oplocks = No
	level2 oplocks = No

[netlogon]
	comment = Usługa logowania domenowego
	path = /etc/samba/logon
	guest ok = Yes
	browseable = No
	oplocks = No
	level2 oplocks = No

[homes]
	comment = Home Directories
	path = /home/
	valid users = %S
	read only = No
	create mask = 0700
	directory mask = 0700
	guest ok = Yes
	browseable = No
	oplocks = No
	level2 oplocks = No

[printers]
	comment = All Printers
	path = /var/spool/samba
	create mask = 0700
	printable = Yes
	browseable = No
	oplocks = No
	level2 oplocks = No

[print$]
	comment = Printer Drivers
	path = /var/lib/samba/printers
	oplocks = No
	level2 oplocks = No

[Wymiana]
	comment = Obszar transferu plikow  XP - Linux
	path = /home/wymiana
	read only = No
	oplocks = No
	level2 oplocks = No