[cups.general] JobSheets printed from a different input tray

Steve Wilson stevew at purdue.edu
Fri Dec 10 09:15:35 PST 2010

On 12/10/2010 12:00 PM, Helge Blischke wrote:
> Vladimir Stassiouk wrote:
>
>> Hello, Helge
>>
>> I have same problem as Steve has and would like to explore second option -
>> modified pstops filter. Could you please provide additional info about
>> this?
>>
>> Thank you very much,
>> Vladimir
> For additional information, see
>
> http://www.srz.de/Members/bla/cups/filter/1.1.18/pstops.txt
>
> The pstops.c source code at the same site is based on cups 1.1.19; for the
> 1.3.5 version, please drop me an e-mail to
>
> h dot blischke at acm dot org,
>
> if you are interested.
>
> Helge

In my case, I found that removing the Ubuntu CUPS package and installing
CUPS directly from source fixed the problem.  I can now successfully
print banner pages on paper drawn from a different tray than the rest of
the job.  My banner page Postscript file contains the following which
works for my HP LaserJet printers:

    %%BeginSetup
    %%IncludeFeature: *MediaType Color
    %%IncludeFeature: *Duplex None
    %%EndSetup

I think a very reasonable feature to add to CUPS would be to allow job
options to be configured separately for the job sheets from those used
to print the job itself.

Steve