[cups.general] UFR 2 printing issues

Markus Wanner markus at bluegap.ch
Wed Dec 15 00:11:26 PST 2010

Hello Ajay,

On 12/15/2010 08:17 AM, Ajay wrote:
> Canon provides linux drivers for download. The same is available on Arch Linux, thru AUR - http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=35405

I'm using the same driver on my x86(_64) machines and would like to use
the printer on an arm based box as well.

> The Linux driver seems to be flaky. Print commands are sometimes honored, and many a times they are not.

I've also experienced various issues and problems with their driver.

Also note that their license is unclear to me. You have to agree to the
GPL (among other licenses), but yet they don't ship all of the source code.

Thus, UFR II should clearly be considered a binary driver.

Regards

Markus Wanner