Two identical printer on the same setup

Doucet M-A marcandre.doucet at ca.kontron.com
Fri Dec 17 08:48:15 PST 2010

Hi,
I installed two identical usb printers on the same station. After installation succeed, printers have different name in cups but the same URI:
Zebra_TLP2844_USB_2
   Location: Local Printer
   Printer Driver: Zebra CPCL Label Printer, 1.3
   Printer State: idle, accepting jobs, published.
   Device URI: usb://Zebra%20/TLP2844

Zebra_TLP2844_USB_3
   Location: Local
   Printer Driver: Zebra CPCL Label Printer, 1.3
   Printer State: idle, accepting jobs, published.
   Device URI: usb://Zebra%20/TLP2844

But when I send try to print on the second printer (lp -d Zebra_TLP2844_USB_3 -o raw /tmp/MyFile) it printed out by the first one (Zebra_TLP2844_USB_2).
I'm not able to print out something from the second printer.

Here is more details from lpinfo:
lpinfo -l -v
Device: uri = usb://Zebra%20/TLP2844
        class = direct
        info = Zebra TLP2844 USB #2
        make-and-model = Zebra TLP2844
        device-id = MFG:Zebra ;CMD:None;MDL:TLP2844 ; P
Device: uri = usb://Zebra%20/TLP2844
        class = direct
        info = Zebra TLP2844 USB #3
        make-and-model = Zebra TLP2844
        device-id = MFG:Zebra ;CMD:None;MDL:TLP2844 ;

Is someone know how to configure same model of printer on one station?

Thanks for your help!

Marc