Trouble Printing to Canon LBP6300dn

Craig sysadmin at shakenbake.net
Tue Dec 21 02:54:57 PST 2010

Hi Cups Members,

Issue:
Print jobs seem to dissapear from the cups print queue but never actually print (Canon LBP6300dn Network Printer).

* Using the cups logs, I cannot see a single error (even with debug on).
* Canon ccpd daemon is running fine, but doesn't seem to be writing any log files
* When I run the "/usr/local/bin/captstatusui" monitor tool, it sits there in "Ready Mode" and never seems to get the print job. It does appear to be working perfectly though, because it can clearly detect if I unplug the printer (either via USB or LAN).

Question:
1) How is the cups daemon meant to communicate with ccpd daemon? I assume it's meant to use the "PDATA_Port  59687" but googling shows other members using a ccp:/var/ccpd/fifo0 DeviceURI?

2) Any debug options to this Canon ccdp daemon?

Configuration:
Versions:
CentOS release 5.5 (Final) (x64)
cups-1.3.7-18.el5_5.8